Consider whether you are a "pear" type. Being the opposite of an apple body type means you are a pear body type. This one is bottom-heavy (or triangle) with about 20 percent of women having hips significantly larger than bust.
- You’ll notice if this is your body quite quickly, as your lower body: hips, thighs, and sometimes your behind are more noticeable.
- Shoulders are narrower, sloping, and not as broad.
- Usually described as the most “curvaceous” body. It’s a simple one to notice just by looking at your legs as they are sometimes noticeably more wider, muscular, and fuller compared to the rest of your body.
See if you have an apple body type. Generally described as "top-heavy", this is generally about 14 percent of women where the bust is three or more inches bigger than the hips. Just by looking at yourself in the mirror, you can see if you are an apple body type.
- Slim limbs, specifically the arms, but wide shoulders are usually a strong characteristic of this body type.
- Weight is concentrated around your midsection and chest, giving the appearance of a bigger bust and protruding stomach, at times.
- If you naturally have a smaller bust, then weight can gather around your midriff.
- Just below the midsection, your waistline can have little definition, thus giving rise to the “top-heavy” description of this body type.
- Though your top may be on the heavier side, your legs should be slimmer.